Sinlung /
06 September 2013

Nagaland Imports 220-cr Worth Animal Products

Kohima, Sep 6 : Nagaland being a high consumer of animal protein faced a shortfall of 37.34 per cent of such food compelling the State to import Rs 220.12 crore worth of animal products from other States during 2012-2013.

A report of the Nagaland Animal Husbandry department said that the State produced 62.66 per cent of the total requirement of animal products leaving a shortfall of 37.34 per cent.

This report was quoted by senior technical assistant Veterinary and Animal Husbandry, Kohima, Dr Zawhel Mekro during training for capacity building of beneficiaries under Rural Piggery Production 2012-13 in Kohima yesterday.

Advising the beneficiaries to be a producer, he said the department would be providing five pigs, fabricated structure, CIG sheet, food stuff, medicine, cash, balance food and other necessary things to each beneficiary as part of the RPP 2012-13.


Post a Comment

Our Twits


Latest Posts