Sinlung /
27 August 2012

1 Lakh Mizo Families Will Have Permanent Occupation in 3 Yrs

Aizawl, Aug 27 : By the end of the next three years, around one lakh families in Mizoram will have permanent occupation, provided they judiciously utilize the money they received from the Lal Thanhawla government's New Land Use Policy, and if the Congress is still in power by that time.

"There is enough fund to cover 1,20,000 families in five year.

We will not allow any diversion of fund in the NLUP. So far we have not had any such case, except for a few number of dishonest people among the beneficiaries," Lal Thanhawla said, while inaugurating a rural haat constructed by Nabard at Thenzawl on Saturday.

As the ambitious project was formally launched on January 14, 2011, two years after the Congress came back in power.

"The NLUP aims to provide sustainable and more profitable occupation to the farmers, who constitute about 60 percent of the state's population. The farmers will have permanent occupation of their own choice, and will do away with the age-old shifting cultivation," he said.

Reiterating that his government has done everything for the success of the ambitious project, the chief minister informed that such dishonest beneficiaries have been identified and they would not get fund any further.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Twits

Loading...

Latest Posts

Archives